Product Leader â€“ Automation Portfolio
2 days left
- Full Time
The new role requires an experienced, dynamic and enthusiastic individual to join a strong automation & microfluidic product portfolio, and team, that is ready to capture the next wave of market demand.
As one of two Product managers in PKI's Automation Portfolio, your work will primarily focus on the development of genomics and proteomic workflow solutions that will be utilized to generate and define the next phase of product differentiation and development in a number of high growth areas. The opportunity seeks to find someone who will be able to lead and manage a group of experienced application scientists designed to develop growth strategies through focused and targeted applications, using new and existing PerkinElmer Automation and microfluidic hardware.
Reporting into the Product Portfolio Director, you will help to develop and support a portfolio of products through the strategic development of application based solutions. The Product manager will interface directly with customers and commercial collaborators to understand the existing and future needs of the application marketplace, and adapt the product portfolio to match those needs. The Product manager will provide support for both new and existing products and will also be asked to support other product management activities, including but not limited to market research, sales support and implementation of product line strategies. The position will interact with Market Development, R&D, Sales, and other stakeholders to meet revenue and profitability goals. The ideal candidate will be able to operate independently, exercising good judgment within generally defined practices and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and develop a strategic automation and microfluidic workflow vision, and roadmap, with the automation product management team.
- Develop strong relationships with key commercial customers and key opinion leaders to ensure the product line is reviewing new technologies and market developments enabling PKI to stay ahead of the trend.
- Lead and manage a group of 3 application scientists that will be crucial in the development of workflow solutions that
- Work with the sales leadership and global field application specialists team to manage new application opportunities in an effort to capture niche, but growing market segments.
- Prepare and present product sales training & attend scientific tradeshows to demonstrate the automation portfolio capability and product line differentiation.
- Prepare and Provide new product communication to internal and external customers
- Provide direct product support to sales and marketing.
- Analyze market competition and assist in the creation of competitive martrix
- Provide the desired support, technical/ operational for other development & departmental projects when necessary.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Product Portfolio Director