Test Hall Manager, The Faculty of Engineering - Civil and Environmental Engineering
3 days left
- Full Time
The University of Auckland's Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering is seeking a laboratory manager to operate and maintain in a safe and effective manner, the Structures Testing Lab of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. This large and busy research laboratory currently supports the research of numerous academics, research post-doctoral fellows, doctoral scholars, masters and undergraduate students as well as commercial testing sponsored research.
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing the general operation and maintenance of the laboratory, maintaining high levels of health and safety, scheduling projects and resources, providing technical assistance to staff and students, and assisting in the development of new equipment and techniques.
The ideal candidate will preferably have:
- Experience in structural engineering, with knowledge of structural steel, reinforced concrete, structural timber and masonry
- Knowledge of electronic data acquisition, computers, transducers, hydraulics including pumps, actuators and servo-controlled systems
- The ability to carry out simple structural design and design drawings
- Knowledge and understanding of industrial health and safety procedures
- Previous experience in a structural testing laboratory or in field testing
- A qualification such as a PhD or ME in structural engineering
Why work for us?
The University is committed to providing an excellent working environment through flexible employment practices and a culture that encourages and supports staff to reach their full potential. We offer a competitive salary, five weeks’ annual leave per year, and over 300 different career development courses. In addition, the University offers a company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, childcare and a number of other subsidies on internal and external services. For more information please visit: Career development and benefits.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTI, equity groups, parenting support and flexible work go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz.
Applications close Wednesday 24 May 2017. All applications must be made online.
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Business and Finance jobs in New Zealand
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in New Zealand
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Physical Sciences and Engineering jobs in New Zealand
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Chemical Engineering jobs in New Zealand
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Chemistry jobs in New Zealand