Postgraduate Taught Administrative Officer
2 days left
- Full Time
The Education Services and Support team within the College of Medical and Dental Sciences consists of over 80 professional administrative staff who work together to support and enable the delivery of education through our academic colleagues across Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programmes supported by colleagues from Institutes.
The post holder will be responsible for all aspects of the administration of one, or a number of, postgraduate taught programmes (MSc Genomic Medicine) in the College of Medical & Dental Sciences.
• Responsible for update and maintenance of student data e.g. module registrations,
• Responsible for allocation and maintenance of student groups/optional elements
• Have shared responsibility for production and presentation of student handbooks
• Have shared responsibility for the maintenance and update of the virtual learning environment
• Responsible for dissemination of accurate data to stakeholders
• Act as the primary contact for stakeholders (internal and external)
• Responsible for reporting and recording student attendance in accordance with UKVI guidelines and programme requirements
• Responsible for the administration of student assessments in accordance with College and University requirements – reporting non-compliance where necessary
• Have shared responsibility for the maintenance and update of the programme delivery plan and associated processes and procedures
• Have shared responsibility for generation and production of reports to support the module evaluation process
• Have shared responsibility for the annual programme and module review process
• Provide administrative support to the Extenuating Circumstances Officers
• Work in collaboration with the Student Services Centre to provide a high quality service for staff and students
• Responsible for the update and safety of student information
• Provide support for welcome week and graduation as required
• Liaise with colleagues across the College and wider University in all matters relating to the support of students.
• Respond to enquiries in accordance with the Key performance targets for the programme/area
• Responsible for communication with students
Assessment and Progression
• Responsible for the accuracy of student data used to inform the examination process
• Responsible for the production of examination papers following the University guidelines
• Responsible for update, following external/internal review, and submission of final documentation to the examinations office
• In collaboration with the Academic Team responsible for the scheduling of examinations and recruitment of invigilators
• Responsible for creation and dissemination of electronic files to record student marks
• Responsible for the production and accuracy of information for presentation to examination boards as needed.
• Responsible for the entry, accuracy and release of marks and progress decisions to students and staff as required
• Provide administrative support for recruitment events and with the development and maintenance of web based materials
• Provide advice, guidance and support to prospective students and visitors
• Provide secretarial support to committees, examination boards and working groups as needed
• Supervise the work and activities of the Administrative Assistants
• Develop and maintain a strategy for retention/disposal of materials in the archive room.
• Be prepared and be willing to support Colleagues from other programmes ensuring own workload is not compromised.
• Responsible for the generation of purchase orders as required
• Participate and contribute to the development and implementation of systems/processes supporting programmes
• To undertake other duties as required by the PGT Team Leader or Senior Professional Services Staff within the College
• Provide support for plagiarism, misconduct and fitness to practice as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
• Educated to ‘A’ Level standard with at least GCSE Grade C in Maths and English or equivalent
• Significant experience of relevant administration in an education setting
• Ability to work and communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders courteously, diplomatically and confidentially.
• Demonstrable experience of developing, using and maintaining complex working systems, e.g. a student management system or its equivalent
• Ability to work proactively, independently and as part of a team
• Able to demonstrate advanced IT skills using the MS Office suite of programmes, Adobe programmes and the ability to develop and maintain web pages. The post holder should also be confident and willing to quickly learn new software packages as required.
• Able to demonstrate an ability to manipulate data and apply accurate formulae using excel.
• The ability to work flexibly in a fast moving, dynamic environment where change is often required immediately
• Able to work under pressure and deal with confidential and sensitive data in accordance with appropriate legislation
• Organised and able to prioritise own workload according to changing business needs and daily work constraints
• Excellent verbal and written communication with appropriate attention to detail
• The ability to use judgement an make appropriate decisions within the constraints of the role
• Experience of supporting committees in a secretarial capacity.
• Proven ability to supervise staff