Data Analysis Officer
You will be working within the Careers Network department, an exciting, varied and integral service within the University of Birmingham. Careers Network is the University’s careers and employability department working across the University to support students in their career and skills development. The service offers many useful provisions to students in the form of careers guidance, insightful CV and job application workshops, mock interviews, and access to work experience opportunities as well as a range of bursaries.
With steer from the Careers Network Director’s Group you will co-ordinate the development of statistical data and feedback / evaluation by service users, developing and providing training as required to achieve regular effective reporting of management information, graduate destinations data and service usage to support on-going development of service provision.
- A good honours degree and/or equivalent relevant experience e.g. statistics, IT, information provision environment
- A good understanding of higher education and a demonstrable understanding of the issues impacting on student employability at all levels of study
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to adapt to and influence a diverse range of client groups
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven ability to interpret, verify and present data
- Proven experience in statistical analysis (quantitative and qualitative) and the ability to identify trends and patterns of information
- Evidence of significant knowledge of IT systems: database development, software packages to analyse survey results, experience of web development technical design skills and electronic searching.
- Ability to train others in using IT software to enable sustainability of analysis
- Good organisational and planning skills, with ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- High level of personal initiative and self-motivation.
- Ability to work independently and to manage own work programme to prioritise demands
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and co-ordinate activities to ensure effective delivery
- The ability to adapt quickly and flexibly to different working contexts and projects
- Ability to engage with stakeholders in a professional, customer focused manner