PA to the Dean and Dean's Office Manager
3 days left
- Full Time
The role holder provides administrative and PA support to the Dean of the Business School and thus requires an exceptional level of confidentiality, discretion, professionalism, personal initiative, communication and interpersonal skills.
The post holder will proactively manage two PAs providing support to senior managers and committees in the School. This will involve ensuring the School’s processes and procedures relating to PA support are fit-for-purpose and carried out effectively.
Additionally, the role holder will act as Secretary to some of the School’s most senior Committees, as well as organising and supporting a number of high-profile School events.
• Educated to at least Advanced Level, (or equivalent qualifications, or work experience) and have GCSE Maths and English at grade C or above;
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint), and demonstrable ability to learn in-house IT applications;
• Demonstrable experience of leading, supervising and motivating staff and managing performance to deliver an effective, high quality customer-focused service;
• Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing policies within the context of agreed strategies to deliver an effective, high-quality service to stakeholders;
• Demonstrable exceptional personal organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload of self and those of a team under pressure and to tight deadlines;
• Demonstrable proactive approach to tasks;
• Demonstrable ability to deal discreetly with confidential and sensitive matters;
• Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills to deal effectively, confidently and appropriately with all stakeholders;
• Demonstrable significant experience of providing a Secretarial service to meetings and committees at a senior level;
• Positive, flexible, enthusiastic and pleasant manner;
• Ability to use own judgement in decision making and to anticipate, and deal appropriately with, problems;
• Either successfully completed or willing to undertake relevant ILM qualification.