Sourcing Summer Intern
Summary: Coordinates activities involved with purchasing and planning of goods, services and commodities of strategic importance to the Perkin Elmer Life Sciences & Technology (LST) instrumentation product lines working with a global supplier base. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Confers with suppliers to obtain product or service information such as price, availability and delivery schedules.
- Runs and sends suppliers Open Order, Past Due Orders, Supplier Requirements and Kanban reports as required.
- Reschedules purchase orders in the ERP system in a timely manner.
- Interfaces directly with staff and suppliers to resolve order status, discrepancies, past due items and schedule/date changes.
- Develop and refine materials shortage notification and fulfillment processes.
- Runs, compiles and distributes reports and databases related to inventory, open Purchase Orders, bookings, backlog, shipments and suppliers.
- Develop and administrate reports and databases to support multiple business functions as required.