Teaching Fellow in Philosophy
6 days left
- Part Time
The Department of Philosophy is seeking to appoint a 0.8 FTE teaching fellow to meet temporary teaching demands. The successful applicant will be expected to teach a range of courses. Those courses will include, at the least, the following: Masters level ‘God, Freedom, and the Meaning of Life’ (both on site and DL delivery); Masters level ‘Philosophy of Health and Happiness’ (on site delivery only); Masters level Philosophical Research Methods; some portion of a first year course on critical thinking. An area of specialisation or competence in the Philosophy of Language would be advantageous.
• PhD in Philosophy (or similar cognate area) or have submitted their thesis by the date that the position begins.
• Ability to teach courses at a range of levels within philosophy to undergraduates and postgraduates.
• High level analytical capability
• Ability to design and deliver module materials successfully
• Ability to assess and organise resources effectively