Director - Chemicals - Polymers, Paints, Coatings - Portugal
Director - Chemicals - Polymers, Paints, Coatings
Leading global distributor in specialty chemicals industry is looking to hire a managing dorector for their business in Portugal.
Their product range combines graphics, electronics, paints and coatings, polymers, fibers and industrial specialties industries. Due to a recent acquisition of a chemical distributor and a major supplier of raw materials to the chemical industry, they are in need of independent and experienced team leader to incorporate this division and expand the product portfolio into specialty chemicals industry.
The position involves the development of sales and marketing plans for products, expansion of business contacts and deals with suppliers and purchasing organisations all over the world. What is more - it is a strategic role - so you will be launching new products, and getting your name out in the market. You will also be leading the sales and technical team in Portugal. Also, in the role you will be the key person managing P&L, therefore you will need to have at least 5 years of sole responsibility doing it.
You will not only have the stability of a well established organisation - but will maintain the excitement of a start up and family owned organisation. Best of both worlds!
- Direct responsibility to grow sales, achieving this through the prospecting and developing of new potential accounts, as well as supporting and developing the relationships with current customers.
- Visit new and existing customers on a regular basis to build, maintain and manage relationships (60% travelling)
- Build and maintain relationships with the suppliers based in Asia, Europe and USA through joint visits and regular reporting, to support mutual growth of our joint businesses.
- Support the business development activities by developing and managing the product portfolio
- Identify and develop potential market opportunities
- Managing technical Specialists, Sales Support to effectively manage the day to day business
- Relevant work knowledge in the specialty chemicals industry, preferably with a technical background in products/applications for the paints, adhesives and polymers industry
- Ideally qualified to a Degree level in Chemistry or a Polymer related course with proven experience in the Polymer industry
- Broad network in the specialty chemicals industry would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a variety of sales, negotiation and persuasion skills
- Hands on in the day to day running of the business with attention to detail
- Highly organized self-starter capable of managing customer visits schedule and territory effectively
For a confidential discussion about this role and to take a positive step to your next role call me, Dove Jociute at NonStop Recruitment on +498921093364 or Email: email@example.com. Apply now by sending me WORD copy of your CV.
Apply for Director - Chemicals - Polymers, Paints, Coatings - Portugal
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly