DIVISION CHIEF — PEDIATRIC HEMATOLOGY AND ONCOLOGY
Baystate Health, a Truven® Award–winning healthcare system and home of the University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate, is searching for a Chief of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology to join Baystate Children’s Hospital (BCH) in Springfield, Massachusetts.
Features of this leadership opportunity:
- Lead our division of two well-established hematologist-oncologists and two advanced practitioners in our mission of providing exemplary patient-centered care, medical education, and clinical research at the region’s only tertiary-care children’s hospital.
- Our division is a full member of the Children’s Oncology Group. The new chief is expected to promote scholarship, including clinical, QI, and outcomes-based research. Funding possible based on experience and track record.
- We offer a new, state-of-the-art facility based at the hospital, with easy access to subspecialists, hospital resources, and the services of our Child Life program. We service a diverse patient population in our 45-bed inpatient ward, 7-bed PICU, and 55-bed NICU, where all inpatients are covered by resident services.
- Teach pediatric residents, medicine-pediatrics residents, and medical students from UMass Medicine School and Tufts University. Faculty appointment at University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate commensurate with experience.
- Develop a strong partnership with other division chiefs and the department chair to lead the Department of Pediatrics.
Our ideal candidate is a clinician-educator or clinical investigator with outstanding clinical and teaching skills, scholarship in clinical pediatrics, or education and leadership potential. By demonstrating academic excellence and professional leadership, he or she will engage other leaders and staff to enhance both academic and clinical growth.
BCH is a hospital-within-a-hospital at Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, Massachusetts. It is the only accredited children’s hospital in the region, delivering a higher level of care to infants, children, and adolescents. Equipped with a pediatric-specific ED, Level III NICU, and Level II trauma center, BCH provides more than 50 inpatient and outpatient services. Join us in delivering a higher state of caring at Baystate Health.
For more information, please visit
Or, contact Dr. Charlotte Boney, Chair, Department of Pediatrics,
c/o Melissa Hale, Physician Recruiter:
Phone: 413-794-2624 Email: Melissa.hale@Baystatehealth.org
Baystate Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.