Technologist in Biological and Biomedical Sciences
5 days left
- Full Time
The Department of Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS) comprises the disciplines of Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology and Pharmacology. The Department strives to achieve excellence in both teaching and research. The development and expansion of educational and thematic research programmes in innovative and relevant basic and applied research will take AKU to the next level on the international scene while benefitting specific health care needs of Pakistan.
Aga Khan University invites applications for the position of Technologist.
You will be responsible for:
- participating actively in pharmacology lab sessions and other related disciplines in BBS
- training undergraduate, graduate and elective students with laboratory techniques
- demonstrating and supervising practical sessions
- participating actively in departmental research projects
- raising Purchase Requisitions and Material Stock Requisitions (MSR) for chemicals, solvents, consumables, etc. used for teaching purposes as well as for research projects
- regularly updating knowledge about latest discoveries and advancements in science and be well versed with the principles and theories related to variety of different techniques relevant to field.
You should have:
- a Pharm-D/B-Pharmacy degree from a HEC recognized or foreign university/institution
record of successful laboratory experience
- excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- ability to multi-task several projects and work in fast paced environment
- proven ability to work well with certain degree of autonomy and function successfully in a team environment
- working knowledge of medical terminology
- strong commitment to superior quality and professional service
- willingness to work for long hours
- proficiency in MS Office.
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Business and Finance jobs in Pakistan
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in Pakistan
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science and IT jobs in Pakistan
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Information Science and Technology jobs in Pakistan
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Life Sciences jobs in Pakistan