DEPARTMENT OF HIGHER EDUCATION- SECTOR PLANNING, MONITORING, EVALUATION AND SUPPORT PROGRAMME (SPMESP)
FIVE YEAR CONTRACT
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the above vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
- Managing all human resource matters for all projects funded by the SPMESP.
- Approval of expenditures related to the SPMESP.
- Monitoring of the Project budget of the SPMESP.
- Ensuring the efficient management and support of all projects under the SPMESP.
- Ensuring compliance in the use of the SPMESP allocated funds.
- Supervising the Senior Administration Officer.
- Compiling, managing and updating monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Compiling, managing and updating monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports.
- Preparing submissions, memorandums.
- Co-ordinating reports required for the projects.
- Perform AD –Hoc activities related to the project
- An appropriate Bachelor’s Degree/ or equivalent qualification relevant to this post.
- At least five years’ experience in the project management and financial management.
- Managing of large projects with a budget of at least R50 million (example)
- Proven financial management experience within a project management context
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Knowledge and insight into human resources management and the relevant legislation
- Knowledge of relevant Treasury Regulations
- Ability to manage budgets
- Ability to provide effective responses to queries
- Excellent reading, writing and communication skills
- Ability to supervise, manage a team of employees
- Ability to manage multiple projects and related finances
- Ability to render efficient stakeholder support
- Ability to work in a team
- Planning and Time management skills
- People and Client orientated
- Ability to work under pressure
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines.
Applicants are requested to apply online, quoting the applicable reference number.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 30 June 2017
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Sunette Schaafsma Tel: (012) 423 6600
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 August 2017, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.