SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
DEPARTMENT OF HIGHER EDUCATION- SECTOR PLANNING, MONITORING, EVALUATION AND SUPPORT PROGRAMME (SPMESP)
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
FIVE YEAR CONTRACT
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the above vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
- Provision of Financial administrative support to the Programme:
- Assisting with budget processes;
- Producing monthly cash flow statements for other projects;
- Assisting with the compiling, managing and updating monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports;
- Assisting with the compiling, managing and updating monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports;
- Assisting in the preparing submissions, memorandums;
- Maintaining a central registry and file copies of all documentation;
- Preparing supporting documents and data for meetings.
- Provision of administrative and logistical office support to the Programme:
- Setting up of meetings;
- Compiling and distributing minutes of meetings;
- Ensure that monthly expenditure are received from University;
- Co-ordinate all admin tasks related to payments, leave and guidelines and any other interaction with University;
- Co-ordinating workflow and logistics for all projects orientation workshops;
- Filing and tracking of purchase orders, invoices, documents and correspondence;
- Maintaining and updating records of all the projects;
- Making travel arrangements for the SPMESP staff;
- Ordering of office stationary and supplies.
- Providing general office and secretarial support to the Deputy Director
- Diary management for the Deputy Director;
- Making travel arrangements for SPMESP staff;
- Responding to telephone enquiries and e-mail correspondence;
- Maintaining and updating a contact list of contacts as requested by the Deputy Director;
- Document management.
- Bachelor’s degree/National Diploma;
- Three years’ relevant work experience in administration, which includes financial, administrative and secretarial responsibilities.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
A thorough knowledge of and experience in the following:
- Financial management systems;
- Ability to arrange and systematise information;
- Office management;
- Workflow co-ordination;
- Events and project management;
- Management of monthly cash-flow statements;
- Procurement policies and practices;
- Knowledge of Treasury Regulations and the Public Finance Management Act;
- A sound knowledge of computer applications including MS Word, MS-Word, Ms Access Ms Power Point and Ms Outlook;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent numeracy skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines.
Applicants are requested to apply online, quoting the applicable reference number.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 30 June 2017.
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Sunette Schaafsma Tel: (012) 423 6600
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 July 2017, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.