Institutional Marketing Manager: Corporate
Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
The Institutional Marketing Manager works in partnership with the corporate physical sciences sales and account development staff to increase sales by creating awareness, interest and demand for Springer Nature eProducts. This position focuses on marketing to physical sciences markets in North America and to a global client audience for certain projects, covering Springer’s entire product portfolio. He/she is responsible for the planning and project management of all marketing activities including managing the project budgets. In partnership with the Senior Manager, Institutional Marketing & Account Development, he/she will set the strategy and create an annual marketing plan covering a wide variety of marketing activities, including: direct marketing, online marketing, social media, lead generation and event marketing.
- Create and manage the annual marketing plan for a subset of the Corporate Physical Sciences markets.
- Conduct market research to increase the understanding of the market as a whole and/or certain segments in conjunction with the market intelligence department.
- Support lead generation/direct marketing campaigns via email, social media, advertising, telemarketing and direct mail
- Organize conferences, events and summits.
- Contribute to sales collateral program (global).
- Engage in customer programs including, Library Advisory Board, Summits, Seminars and Lunch and Learns.
- Track lead generation and ROI for designated marketing campaigns.
- Maintain CRM as it pertains to marketing activities.
- Participate and contribute to the sales and marketing teams' regular meetings.
- Reports on marketing activities and budget.
- Determine and analyze specialized needs of strategic customers; partner internally and externally to deploy marketing actions to meet these needs..
- Provide pre and post-sales marketing support.
- Adhoc projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree with 5 or more years' experience within library/information service industry, preferably within corporate and/or physical sciences markets
- Must possess excellent grammar and English skills
- Creative and self sufficient
- Excellent communicator and experienced with working in a global environment
- Up to 30% domestic travel; mostly to professional conferences, but additionally to client sites as needed
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law Poster: