Technical Coordinator - Events
A great opportunity is available for an experienced Technical Coordinator to co-ordinate and provide technical services and operations for a range of University of Auckland events to support the Venue and Event Services teams and University faculties and departments.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated team player and multi-tasker who can manage time effectively.
Working as part of the Venue Services team, your main responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the main point of contact for audio visual and technical services provided for events across the University
- Delivering and maintaining technical orders for events and venues
- Coordinating event and venue pack in and pack outs
- On-site technical support and operation of events
- Co-ordinating all aspects of equipment delivery and technical support in consultation with the Logistics and Event Services teams
- Planning and managing scheduling, cost estimates, invoicing, resources and services
- Leading and supervising a team of technicians
You will have a demonstrated ability to deliver great AV and technical support with strong motivation, initiative and flexibility to ensure the successful and cost efficient delivery of University events and venue operations.
You will be confident with a range of audio visual equipment, including sound and lighting, data projectors, computers, power distribution, control systems etc.
Suitably qualified with relevant experience, you will be self-motivated, strategic and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with performance drive are key for this role. In return you’ll be offered a rewarding career with one of Auckland’s largest and most diverse employers.
Applications close Friday 28 July 2017. All applications must be made online.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTI, equity groups, parenting support and flexible work go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz