Senior Recruitment and Appointment Officer
- Rare part time opportunity within busy recruitment team
- Providing advice and support for advertising, recruitment system support and visas
- Extensive experience working within a service driven environment with multiple stakeholders and clients.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in providing specialist advice on recruitment processes and/or immigration issues in a higher education environment
- Experience in interpreting legislation and updating relevant policies to reflect changes
- Experience using a Recruitment System (preferably Page Up) as a “Super User” or providing high level user support
- Human Resources Qualification (or currently studying) or relevant tertiary qualification and/or demonstrated Human Resources experience
Human Resources partners with the University to enable and support a culture of high engagement, commitment and performance. The branch provides recruitment, superannuation and promotions support and advice to the University community and manages payroll, staff records, and workforce planning. Human Resources also encompasses the Health, Safety and Wellbeing unit, with responsibility for occupational health and safety programs and training.
As a key part of the Recruitment and Appointments team, the Senior Recruitment & Appointment Officer provides advice and support to Hiring Managers across the University in relation to recruitment activities, specifically ensuring that sourcing strategies are appropriate and informing future job placements. You will also provide specialist immigration advice for the University, managing visa nomination processes and resolving complex issues relating to visas for our staff and academic visitors as well as remaining up to date with the latest changes which impact the higher education sector. In addition to this you will also provide 2nd level support to users of the Page Up recruitment system and participate in projects and process improvement activities.
We are looking for someone with demonstrated knowledge and experience in providing specialist advice on immigration issues or recruitment processes who would thrive in an ever changing environment.
Salary: (HE06) $75,316 - $81,548 per annum at 0.4 FTE (14.7 hours per week).
Due to operational requirements, work pattern must include Thursday and Friday, but could include Wednesday if a shorter working day is desirable.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of up to 17% may apply.
Term of position: This fixed-term contract is available from 21 August 2017 until 24 August 2018.
To be successful you should have:
Please address these criteria within a covering letter and upload as part of the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Vanessa Jones, Recruitment and Strategic Appointments Manager, telephone: 8313 0173 or email: email@example.com
Please note if the position description link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 26 July 2017