- State of the Art Veterinary Health Care Facilities
- Working as part of the Companian Animal Health Centre (CAHC) team
- Continuing Full-Time position available immediately
- Veterinary qualification with eligibility to be registered as a veterinarian in SA;
- Proven veterinary experience in first opinion and emergency care;
- Demonstrated high level professionalism including outstanding interpersonal skills to work effectively with a diverse range of clients and as a member of a team;
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and proven experience in assisting, teaching or mentoring others;
- Demonstrated high level written communication skills, including ability to write case reports, reports, submissions and reports.
- Teaching experience in a tertiary environment is desirable.
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
The School of Animal and Veterinary Sciences conducts teaching and research activities in animal and veterinary sciences at the Roseworthy Campus. The school is situated on a 1600 ha property that includes the working farm, full service Veterinary Health Centre teaching clinics, animal holding facilities, paddocks, yards and a range of general purpose and specialist teaching and research facilities, spaces and laboratories. Three academic programs are offered by the school (Animal Science, Veterinary Bioscience and the Doctor of
Veterinary Medicine (DVM).
The Veterinary Health Centre (VHC) is the commercial clinical services units embedded within the School. The VHC is comprised of four distinct business units; the Companion Animal Health Centre (CAHC), Production Animal Health Centre, Equine Health Centre and the Veterinary Diagnostic Lab, each offering commercial veterinary services and providing the school with financially sustainable clinical teaching environments.
We are seeking a suitably qualified Veterinarian Clinician to work on roster with a team of other veterinarians who provide high quality primary, emergency and critical care services to a range of small animal and wildlife patients within the CAHC. You will also contribute to clinical teaching and supervision of undergraduate students, involving them in clinical case management, providing additional learning opportunities where appropriate and demonstrating excellent clinical role modelling for both students and colleagues. This position also involves periodic mentoring of other staff including interns, locum veterinarians and veterinary nursing team members.
Salary: (HEO7) $83,105 - $93,231 per annum, plus shift allowances and overtime penalties as worked.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: This continuing position is available immediately.
To be successful in this position, you should have:
Please address and upload your responses to the 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Mandy Holloway, HR Officer, telephone: 8313 7740 or email: email@example.com
Please note if the position description link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 21 July 2017