Postdoctoral fellow: History, Development and Institutionalisation of the Schengen Area
The history of the Schengen Area, from its origins before the treaty signing in 1985 up to its integration in the Amsterdam Treaty in 1997, is not well understood. This project aims at writing a new history of free movement in Europe, about its actors, the resistances to overcome, the institutionalisation processes and the consequences on the Member States legislation and customs, as regards open internal borders and external borders control. The postdoctoral researcher will work on the dynamics linked to the Schengen project, its strengths and weaknesses, the difficulties and the oppositions to overcome and the actors’ involvement.
The postdoctoral fellow will have to lead documentary research in German, French and European Archives and to participate in the preparation of a collective publication. He/she will also contribute to seminaries and workshops animation.
Annual Gross Salary: 45 600 €
This Fellowship is cofunded by Université Bretagne Loire and the LabEx EHNE.
The Université Bretagne Loire federates 7 universities, 15 “grandes écoles” and 5 research organisations in the West of France (Bretagne and Pays de la Loire). This community of universities and institutions aims to develop the scientific and academic potential of this territory at national and international level.
The LabEx EHNE theme 4 is led by the CRHIA, member of the GIS Institut d’études Européennes et globales Alliance Europa. The postdoctoral fellow will work in conjunction with the Schengen chair, granted by the Institut d’études Européennes et globales Alliance Europa and hosted at MSH Ange Guépin (Nantes).
Please send the following documents by email:
- Short Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter showing your interest and especially addressing your professional project
- A list of your major works (2 pages max.): scientific publications, patents and others scientific productions
- Thesis report
- Letters of recommendation (not required)
- A copy of your PhD diploma
Applications will be considered by a selection committee, who will organise hearing in October, 2017.
The general selection process is described here: https://u-bretagneloire.fr/dossiers/postdoc/candidatures
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in France
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Social and Behavioral Sciences jobs in France
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Sociology jobs in France
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Art and Humanities jobs in France