Audio Visual Technician (Two posts) - Department of Information Technology Services
DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
AUDIO-VISUAL TECHNICIAN (TWO POSTS)
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 10
In the pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent is expected to:
- Provide audio-visual (AV) support to lecturers by ensuring that the right equipment is set up and available at the right time and place during lectures, conferences and other scheduled events;
- Provide telephonic assistance related to AV problems in our venues;
- Provide limited IT support in collaboration with workstation support technicians;
- Perform maintenance/repairs on AV and other electronic equipment;
- Maintain the operational functionality of the venues;
- Install, including the wiring, of Audio Visual equipment;
- Efficiently communicate and function within a team;
- Handle registered service requests efficiently and ensure that the requests are dealt with professionally and in accordance with the service level agreement;
- Ability to work outside normal working hours.
- National Senior Certificate or equivalent NQF qualification;
- Certificate in computer software, e.g. MS Office, N+, A+;
- Code 8 driving license;
- Three years’ experience in computer operating and configuration;
- One years’ experience in:
- Electronic repairs;
- Maintenance and repair of audio-visual systems;
- Support of audio-visual systems.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
The incumbent should possess excellent skills in the following areas:
- Communication (verbal and written);
- Client orientation;
- Conflict handling;
- Problem solving;
- Knowledge of AV equipment.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- N6 Electrical / Electronic Engineering / IT degree / diploma;
- MCDT, MCSE and appropriate PC / network courses;
- Knowledge of the tertiary education sector;
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure (servers, networks, etc.);
- Experience in the operation and management of AV systems within a higher education environment;
- Experience in basic computer networks.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The total remuneration package for this position ranges from approximately R 312 750 to R 375 114 as determined by UP policy guidelines. (These amounts include the University’s contributions to standard UP benefits, namely provident fund, group life insurance and funeral cover, but exclude contributions to medical aid, as the latter varies per employee.) UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online, quoting the applicable reference number.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, email addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 31 July 2017
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Mr Herman Jacobs, Tel: (012) 420 4949
Should you not have heard from the University of Pretoria by 30 September 2017, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited, to candidates from underrepresented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right not to make an appointment to the post as advertised.