Lecturer (Social Anthropology)
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
Department of Sociology and Social Anthropology
Lecturer (Social Anthropology) (Ref. LSW17/238/0717)
For information on the Department Sociology and Social Anthropology, please visit our website: http://www0.sun.ac.za/sociology/
- Under- and postgraduate teaching;
- Postgraduate supervision;
- Active participation in the research, publication and teaching activities of the Department;
- Administrative tasks associated with these activities.
- PhD or close to completion of PhD in Social Anthropology or cognate discipline;
- An active research programme;
- Commitment to publishing in academic journals;
- A strong background in anthropological perspectives;
- Willingness to teach in a multilingual environment.
- Experience in teaching Social Anthropology at undergraduate level;
- Experience in postgraduate supervision;
- A publication record;
- Expertise in Southern African anthropology and/or anthropology of health, development and science.
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Apply online by using the "Apply Now" link
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in Africa
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Social and Behavioral Sciences jobs in Africa
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Sociology jobs in Africa
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Art and Humanities jobs in Africa