Lecturer in Speech-Language Pathology
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
DEPARTMENT OF SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGY AND AUDIOLOGY
LECTURER IN SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGY (PERMANENT PART-TIME POST FOR 25 HOURS PER WEEK)
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The Department of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology invites applications for a part-time appointment in speech-language pathology. The successful candidate will be required to teach at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels as well as supervise students, and maintain an active research agenda including publications in peer-reviewed journals.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, in one or more of the fields of Speech-language Pathology;
- Developing curricula and co-ordinating programmes for undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- The practical training of students at undergraduate level in one or more of the fields of Speech-language Pathology;
- Supervising postgraduate students;
- Conducting and publishing research in Speech-language Pathology;
- Undertaking academic administration and other tasks as determined by the Head of Department;
- Participating in the Department’s strategic initiatives relating to teaching, research and community engagement.
- Master’s degree in Speech-language Pathology or any cognate degree;
- Appropriate research and publication track record in one or more of the fields of Speech-language Pathology;
- Appropriate teaching experience at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Applicable professional experience;
- Postgraduate supervision/teaching experience;
- Participation in academic conferences, seminars and workshops;
- Ability to plan and initiate discipline related research;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team;
- Appropriate communication skills;
- Good interpersonal and mentoring skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Progress with doctoral studies;
- Research that complements existing departmental research strengths;
- NRF rating.
The total remuneration package for this position ranges from approximately R 273 807 to R 362 398 as determined by UP policy guidelines. (These amounts include the University’s contributions to standard UP benefits, namely provident fund, group life and funeral cover, but exclude contributions to medical aid, as the latter varies per employee.) UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and contributes 31,25% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
CLOSING DATE: 4 August 2017
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Prof B Vinck, Tel: (012) 420 2355
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 October 2017, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.