Laboratory Support Analyst-Must have Pharmaceutical domain experience
PerkinElmer is a global technology leader driving growth and initiative in the Environmental and Human Health Science markets. The company is a leading force in the development, production, marketing, servicing, and support of laboratory instrumentation and ancillary services throughout the world.Job Title: Laboratory Support Analyst-Must have Pharmaceutical domain experience
Location: RTP NC
Type of Assignment: Fulltime
- The Laboratory Computing & Scientific Service Specialist is responsible for providing IT and Lab related support services at a client’s facility.
Responsibilities Include But Not Limited To
- Build and maintain a working relationship with lab owners and management;
- Respond to freezer alarm calls (24/7);
- Ship and Receive samples across different sites;
- Maintain a laboratory notebook [PAPER or ELECTRONIC] for all samples processed;
- Inventory management for Analytical Development ;
- Organize and Maintain Freezer space;
- Organize and Track Retains;
- Run LIMS Report of sample retains;
- Tabulate Raw Data;
- Order solutions through Development Support;
- Co-ordinate Pipette calibration;
- Order and Manage Lab coats and Specialty Lab Coats;
- Archive Paper and Files in Iron Mountain;
- Request repairs of lab Instruments (24/7 coverage);
- Aliquot Reference and Standards;
- Maintain Tissue Culture Room;
- Maintain Bioreactors and Agitators.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Life Science or a minimum of 2-3 years of relevant professional experience;
- Understanding of lab practices, instruments and software;
- Achievement oriented;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems;
- Professionalism, excellent listening skills, superior analytical skills, great verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be customer service orientated and believe in teamwork, collaboration, adaptability, and initiative;
- Ability to multitask and support various group of users;
- Ability to manage one’s time with minimal supervision to achieve objectives;
- Defined work week is 40 hours, the range of hours may vary based on client’s needs;
- Provide support for other client and PerkinElmer groups as requested.
- Lab Environment MUST need to follow Personal Protective Equipment and Safety Polices; Office Environment.
- The physical demands defined below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions;
- The employee will regularly require walking, standing, sitting and talking or hearing; to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Specific Position Duties
- Provides on-call response support for client site;
- Will participate in an on-call response rotation with requirement to respond to client issues outside of normal work hours;
- Response may be provided online or may require employee to report to client site to respond to issue.
Benefits at PerkinElmer
Competitive base salary and incentive compensation plan / Job training and professional development / Comprehensive benefits package / Paid time off and holidays / Tuition reimbursement plan / 401(k) with match