Full Time Professor - Department of Architecture
School of Arts and Humanities
Department of Architecture
Universidad de las Américas, Puebla (UDLAP), Mexico (www.udlap.mx), is an institution of higher education accredited by the Mexican Federation of Private Institutions of Higher Education. A.C. (FIMPES), and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges of the United States (SACSOC) to award undergraduate, master and doctoral degrees (Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097; 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Fundación Universidad de las Américas, Puebla; www.sacscoc.org).
In 1940, the Universidad de las Américas Puebla was established as Mexico City College in the nation’s capital, Mexico City. In the early 1960s, Mexico City College changed its name to University of the Americas and by that time the prestige of its faculty and research projects, such as the outstanding archaeology program in Oaxaca, made University of the Americas one of the best options for young people in Mexico and abroad who sought academic excellence in a bicultural environment. In 1966, the Mary Street Jenkins Foundation allocated funds to establish a new campus on the former hacienda Santa Catarina Mártir in the ancient city of Cholula in the state of Puebla and the university changed its name once again to Universidad de las Américas Puebla (UDLAP), and opened its doors with an innovative educational project that included a School of Arts and Sciences, a School of Engineering and a School of Administration and Business, receiving an official accreditation from the US-based Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. It also received wide support from the public and private sectors in the region. UDLAP continued to make great strides towards becoming the most important private institution of higher learning in the country with its philosophy of humanist, scientific and universal education which seeks academic excellence and freedom. Today five academic schools comprise UDLAP: Social Sciences, Humanities, Engineering, Sciences and Business and Economics, with 53 undergraduate programs, 27 master’s degree programs and 4 doctor’s degree programs. Each school strives to keep abreast of technological and scientific advances in order to continue offering academic excellence to our students.
The Universidad de las Américas, Puebla (UDLAP), its School of Arts and Humanities and the Department of Architecture invites professionals interested in participating to the selection process to fill the following vacancy in the position as:
Full Time Professor
The mission of the Department of Architecture is to educate critical, creative and innovative professionals in architecture and design through inter-disciplinarily, globally and socially orientated teaching, investigation and creation processes. The undergraduate program of Interior Architecture is focused on the solution of recycle and reuse of architectural spaces for work, commerce, culture, education, recreation, health and housing among other uses, as well as on the design of mobile and transportable spaces and of furniture and other interior objects.
Description of the positions
- The post holder will teach on the undergraduate level and will contribute to the development, assessment and management of academic programs within the subject area.
- The corresponding appointment will be at the rank according to UDLAP Faculty Handbook and will be effective on January, 2018.
- To hold a Master or Doctorate degree in Interior Architecture or Interior Design.
- Proficient English and Spanish language skills are preferred. The successful candidate will teach some courses in English. If non-speaker of Spanish, aptitude and attitude to learn Spanish is required.
Skills and attitude in order to:
- Comply with the academic and administrative responsibilities of a Full Time Professor, as specified in the current Faculty Handbook, in the employment contract and as assigned by the Department Chair.
- The candidates’ applications shall be reviewed by a Selection Committee, whose decision is irrevocable.
 If applicant holds a Master Degree granted within the European Union, the programme should be 2 years length or 120 ECTS.