Associate Librarian, Faculty of Health Sciences Library
You will be responsible to:
- provide assistance to the Librarian in the overall management of the Faculty of Health Sciences (FHS) Library
- implement the FHS library’s policies & procedures
- maintain reference and reserve stock
- supervise and train support staff and students
- plan and deliver information literacy programmes
- work with faculty collegially to integrate resource based learning and implement new information technology
- maintain library usage statistics and assist in the preparation of reports for Senior Management.
You should have:
- a Master's degree in Library Sciences/Information Sciences from a recognized institution
- minimum five years of experience in an academic institution or hospital library, including two years in managerial and/or supervisory role
- experience in a health sciences institution will be preferred
- knowledge of on-line and printed information resources
- sound knowledge of international bibliographic standards and formats for academic libraries
- practical experience in the development and delivery of information literacy programs
- good supervisory skills
- excellent written and spoken communication skills
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted.
Applications should be submitted latest by August 14, 2017.