Humanities Syllabus Specialist
Reporting to the Associate Director, Curriculum, the Specialists will be directly responsible for:
- Develop syllabi, teaching material and exam preparation in their discipline.
- Actively participate in design / conduct of workshops in Humanities for teachers and students as part of AKU-EB’s workshop program for schools.
- Publish research work as co-author in at least 1 paper per year.
- Should be passionate about education and be effective and inspiring teachers, as the role offers the opportunity to teach disciplinary specific workshops for teachers and students.
- An important initial task will be contributing to revising the current syllabi.
- Train and develop in the area of test preparation, item writing, assessment, etc.
You must have:
- M.A. or M.Ed. (Specialization in Humanities subjects).
- 3 to 5 years of teaching experience.
- Inpidual should have an excellent understanding of / background of Humanities subject at the secondary and higher secondary level.
- Content Knowledge.
- Team player in all relevant activities.
- Initiative in workshops, classroom observation, research, e-marking and conduct of exams.
- Fluent in Urdu and English; exceptional command of written and spoken English.
- Attention to detail.
- Committed to working with a very talented academic staff in the curriculum and exam preparation area.
- Understanding of how exams can test critical thinking and reasoning skills in students.
- Unwavering commitment to the highest quality and integrity in all aspects of one’s work.
- An eagerness to learn about the work of the AKU-EB.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be submitted latest by August 14, 2017