Departmental Administrator - African Centre for Gene Technologies (ACGT)
FACULTY OF NATURAL AND AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF GENETICS
AFRICAN CENTRE FOR GENE TECHNOLOGIES (ACGT)
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 11
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The African Centre for Gene Technologies (ACGT) is a collaborative biotechnology initiative of science councils and universities in the Gauteng region. The offices of the ACGT are physically located on the University of Pretoria’s Experimental Farm in Hatfield, Pretoria.
The purpose of the position is to provide administrative support to the Manager: ACGT and staff to ensure seamless operations of the ACGT Office.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- General office administration;
- Making travel arrangements for the office and related projects;
- Assisting with events management as required;
- The drafting of agendas and taking minutes at meetings;
- Office financial administration;
- Telephone duties;
- The reporting and resolution of facilities maintenance issues;
- Updating the Centre websites and social media.
- Secretarial diploma and three years’ relevant experience; OR
- Grade 12 and five years’ relevant experience.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Should be well versed in the MS Office package;
- Strong language skills (writing and speaking) in language of service delivery;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Ability to liaise with a variety of people within and outside UP both on national and international level;
- Ability to function under pressure and prioritise;
- Interest in biological sciences.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Experience within a tertiary or academic/research environment.
All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The total remuneration package for this position ranges from approximately R 272 601 to R 324 611 as determined by UP policy guidelines. (These amounts include the University’s contributions to standard UP benefits, namely provident fund, group life and funeral cover, but exclude contributions to medical aid, as the latter varies per employee.) UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online following the apply online button below.
14 August 2017
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Dr JVW Becker, Tel: (012) 420 6147
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 October 2017, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.