Student Recruitment Officer
The Undergraduate Recruitment team is responsible for promoting the University so we recruit the most able students, irrespective of social, economic and ethnic background to agreed targets. They travel across the UK visiting schools, colleges and Higher Education conventions to ensure that prospective students, and their parents and teachers, have a full understanding of what the University of Birmingham has to offer. In addition, the team are responsible for organising events such as open days, applicant visit days, teacher conferences and looking after visitors on campus. The post holder will take an active role in all this activity and lead in many areas.
The post holder will take the lead in the successful organisation and delivery of the University’s undergraduate open days. Open days are high profile events and a core recruitment activity for the University. The post holder will be confident in leading and managing large-scale events and capable of working both independently on major projects as well as part of a team.
The post holder will work in partnership with internal University schools and departments, professional services and external organisations and provide advice and guidance in devising recruitment and conversion activities to enhance our recruitment position and deliver on recruitment targets.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Substantial previous experience in a relevant role. Significant experience in student recruitment and/or HE marketing will be helpful but not essential
• A high standard of written and oral communication with an ability to present to large audiences with confidence
• Experience in organising and delivering large-scale events
• Marketing knowledge including digital marketing and social networking.
• Well-developed administrative and organisational skills with real attention to deadlines and detail
• A creative and innovative approach to strategic thinking and problem solving.
• Experience in managing projects from inception to completion
• Computer literacy, confidence and competence in the use of database systems, content management systems and updating web pages
• Aptitude in handling statistical and financial information
• The ability to work flexibly and effectively both in a team and independently and to respond positively to the demands of the role
• Prepared to travel within the UK and possibly the EU and to undertake work in the evenings and at weekends with some nights spent staying away from home
• Confident in working complex organisations
• A current full UK driving licence
• DBS clearance
• An understanding of the secondary education system and schools and colleges
• A professional qualification in marketing (e.g. CIM)