The College of Arts and Law is one of five colleges in the University, and comprises of five schools. The Web Editor will report directly to the College Web Manager, and will be part of the College Marketing and Communications team. The post-holder will work with a wide cross-section of staff in the College, both academic and professional services. They will have a close collaborative working relationship with staff who have varying degrees of responsibility in preparing and publishing web content.
The post-holder will, whether solely or in collaboration with content stakeholders, update and produce content for the College’s externally facing websites, ensuring that these websites are accurate and up-to-date. He/ she will also support and assist those staff who have some responsibility for web content (including academic staff) to update and produce content in the University house style.
- An undergraduate degree, preferably in an Arts / Humanities discipline
- Substantial experience of working in an online communications role with proven experience of writing and editing websites in a complex organisation applying high standards of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrable experience of successful project management. Well- developed organisational skills with good time management to prioritise under tight deadlines
- Expertise in applying web-standards including knowledge of accessibility and usability issues and knowledge of legal web related issues including copyright, data protection and freedom of information
- Demonstrable experience of using Content Management Systems, including WordPress
- Demonstrable experience of using image and video editing software, including Adobe Photoshop and Final Cut Pro X
- Demonstrable experience of training/ explaining new developments and techniques to diverse range of staff who are responsible for generating high level content
- Excellent written communication skills including the ability to write in plain English and creatively in a variety of styles and to proof read to a high standard
- Enthusiastic approach with the initiative to gain the necessary understanding and appreciation of the research and teaching activities of the College
- Demonstrable problem-solving and analytical skills
- A high standard of customer care, excellent interpersonal skills and an appropriate manner in dealing with University senior managers , academic staff, professional services staff, students and visitors and working as part of a team
- Cultural sensitivity; awareness of the international perspective of the work of the team in terms of diversity of the student body and our relationships with overseas organisations
- Confident and competent in delivering digital marketing and communications including social media, blogs and videos
- Flexible approach to undertaking occasional work in the evenings and weekends