Job Title: Geriatric Physician
FLSA Status: Exempt
Provide direct primary medical care to all participants of the program.
Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine. Fellowship training in geriatrics preferred. At least two to three years experience, and one year experience working with a frail/elderly population. Must have a current license to practice medicine in Louisiana, valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Must have proven clinical leadership skills and the ability to get along with others in a team environment.
Preferred abilities include medical care knowledge and skills essential for caring for frail elderly; communication (oral, written); computer literacy; teamwork.
· As a member of the PACE Interdisciplinary team, the primary care physician is responsible for the following:
- Regularly informing the interdisciplinary team of the medical, functional, and psychosocial condition of each participant
- Remaining alert to pertinent input from other team members, participants, and caregivers
- Documenting changes of a participant’s condition in the participant’s medical record consistent with documentation policies established by the medical director
· Each primary care physician is responsible for the following:
- Managing a participant’s medical situations
- Overseeing a participant’s use of medical specialists and inpatient care
- An initial comprehensive assessment including a comprehensive history and physical
- Participation in the development of a plan of care
- Periodic reassessments on a semi-annual basis or as a participant’s condition dictates
§ Unscheduled reassessments take place either due to a change in participant status or at the request of the participant or designated representative
In addition, physician must be able to deliver service to patients and fellow employees with compassion in a responsive, courteous and concerned manner in accordance with PACE Great New Orleans policies and procedures.
Apply for Geriatric Physician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly