Research Associate in Soft Robotics at Bristol Robotics Laboratory
The post is funded by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) to develop innovative actuation technologies that untether soft robotic devices from hard supply systems such as valves, pumps and electric motors. The aim of the project is to eliminate the technological bottleneck that has limited how effectively soft robotics can be applied outside of laboratory conditions in autonomous and wearable applications.
You will develop passive and electro-active technologies for fluidic and thermo-active artificial muscle systems. Advanced fabrication and testing facilities will be utilised including casting, multi-material 3D printing and other additive layer techniques. The successful candidate will work closely with a PhD research student and project partners including LEAP Technology (Denmark).
The project will be based within the Soft Robotics Group at the Bristol Robotics Laboratory (www.brl.ac.uk), which is the UK’s largest multi-disciplinary robotics research centre.
You will have at least a first degree and preferably a PhD in Robotics/Mechanical Engineering /Electrical Engineering (or closely related discipline) and experience in designing and building engineering systems.
It is anticipated that interviews will take place shortly after the closing date with a start date as soon as possible thereafter.
This post is offered on an open ended contract with funding up to 31 August 2017.
Informal enquiries can be made to: Dr Andrew Conn (email@example.com)
The University is committed to creating and sustaining a fully inclusive culture. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities.
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science and IT jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') General Computing jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Physical Sciences and Engineering jobs in United Kingdom