Audiologist, Service Line - Eye and ENT
The Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi is proud to have qualified and dedicated Team of Surgeons, Medical, Nursing and Allied professionals within the Service Line Eye and ENT. Using state of the art equipment helps to identify, diagnose and treat Eye and ENT related problems. The department of Ophthalmology offers a variety of surgical treatment procedures like cataract surgery, corneal transplant surgery, glaucoma drainage surgery, mid face reconstruction and cosmetic surgery, squint surgery, retinal detachment surgery. Procedures like cochlear implants, reconstructive surgery post trauma or cancer head and neck surgery are unique to ENT. Based on the these specialised procedures, patients are accommodated in the out-patient as well as the in-patient areas. Eye and ENT believes in innovation, exemplary care and access to services for all.
You will be responsible for:
- Administer hearing or speech/language evaluations, tests or examinations to patients to collect information on type and degree of impairment, using specialized instruments and electronic equipment
- councel and instruct patients in techniques to improve hearing or speech imapairment, including sign language ir lip-reading
- instruct and advice patients on hearing aid use
- assist in ensuring proper operation and maintenance of equipment and accessories.
You must have:
- Bachelors in Speech Audiology & Pathology from a recognized university
- knowledge of computer applications
- ability to respond to emergency situations
- good interpersonal and communication skills.