Research Technician in Molecular Neuroscience
We welcome applications to join Professor Gamper’s laboratory to work on a 36 month BBSRC-funded (Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council) project. You will provide technical support and perform experiments on a project investigating localised intracellular signalling cascades in pain-sensing (nociceptive) sensory neurons. The work will involve providing support to proteomics experiments, Western blotting, co-immunoprecipitation, maxi-prep plasmid purification and some other routine biochemical and molecular biological procedures. There will be also possibility to contribute to behavioural experiments on rats and mice.
You will have a BTEC Higher level or an appropriate degree with substantial research experience in biochemistry/molecular biology. You will also have a willingness to work with animals and good organsiational skills.
The University of Leeds and the Faculty of Biological Sciences are committed to providing equal opportunities for all and offer a range of family friendly policies. The University is a charter member of Athena SWAN (the national body that promotes gender equality in higher education), and the Faculty of Biological Sciences gained a Bronze award in 2014 and submitted an application for a Silver award in April 2017. We are proud to be an inclusive Faculty that values all staff, and are happy to consider job share applications and requests for flexible working arrangements from our employees. Our Athena SWAN webpage provides more information.
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact:
Nikita Gamper, Professor of Neuroscience
Tel: +44 (0)113 343 7923, email: email@example.com
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Business and Finance jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science and IT jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Life Sciences jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Cell and Molecular Biology jobs in United Kingdom