Expert in Cell Sorting and Flow Cytometry
The tasks include in particular
- Operation of multi-laser, high-speed cell sorters (currently 2 BD-Influx and 2 BD-Aria)
- Continuous improvement of sorting and flow cytometry services including organizational aspects and equipment maintenance
- Acquiring up-to-date knowledge of new applications and emerging technologies
- Providing expert advice in experimental design, data analysis, and interpretation of results
The successful candidate should have
- Several years of hands-on experience and expertise in high end sorting with a variety of cell types and experimental systems and as an operator.
- Candidates with or without a PhD will be considered.
- A flexible schedule and effective organization skills are mandatory.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain good relationships with DBM researchers are essential.
- The candidate should be self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team.
We offer you
- Broad spectrum of flow cytometry and cell sorting applications in a competitive international research environment in basic and clinical biomedical sciences
- Team work at the highest professional level
- Education and lifelong learning
Please send applications with CV, a description of relevant research experience and the names of 3 referees to Heidi Hoyermann (Head of Human Resources) by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is available immediately or upon agreement. For informal inquiries please contact Dr. Frank Neumann (email@example.com).
The Department of Biomedicine unites basic and clinical laboratory-based research of the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Basel. For more details, please visit our website: http://biomedizin.unibas.ch
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Business and Finance jobs in Switzerland
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in Switzerland
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science and IT jobs in Switzerland
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Life Sciences jobs in Switzerland
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Cell and Molecular Biology jobs in Switzerland