Post-doctoral fellowship in Genomics and Bioinformatics
Qualifications for position
1) Doctoral degree in area related to the project;
2) Have proven experience in projects involving transcriptomic analysis by Next Generation methods (RNAseq) (prerequisite);
3) Mastering the use of bioinformatic tools for the analysis of transcriptomic data, including de novo assemblers and tools for the quantification of gene expression (prerequisite);
4) Have the ability to develop bioinformatic tools and scripts in a Linux system (highly desirable);
5) Have knowledge about venoms and animal toxins and/or on evolution of gene families (desirable);
6) Fluency in English is desirable.
Candidates must reach Butantan Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org until September 22, forwarding:
• CV (preferrably Lattes format);
• Letter of introduction justifying your interest at the vacancy;
• Contacts (name, institution, phone and e-mail) from two to three researchers that may give information on the candidate.
This opportunity is open to candidates of any nationalities. The selected candidate will receive a FAPESP’s Post-Doctoral fellowship in the amount of R$ 7.174,80 monthly and a research contingency fund, equivalent to 15% of the annual value of the fellowship which should be spent in items directly related to the research activity.
More information about the fellowship is at fapesp.br/oportunidades/1726
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in Brazil
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science and IT jobs in Brazil
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science jobs in Brazil
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') General Computing jobs in Brazil
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Life Sciences jobs in Brazil