Post-doctoral fellowship in Cryptography and Information Security
Post-quantum cryptosystems involve basically the families of algorithms based on lattices, error correcting codes, multivariate quadratic systems (MQ), and schemes based on symmetric cryptography primitives in general, as well as on hash functions.
The project aims providing a variety of security services, including encryption, authentication and digital signatures. The focus will be on performance improvements, possibly in terms of processing time and energy requirements, but especially in terms of key, signatures and ciphertext sizes.
The security analysis of these schemes should consider both cryptanalytic attacks and implementation-related threats, such as side-channel attacks. The performance evaluation of the schemes will be both theoretical (considering computational complexity, underlying parallelism opportunities) and experimental (using software prototypes and hardware implementations).
1) A solid background in cryptography, preferably (but not necessarily) with post-quantum primitives;
2) Good design/programming skills, preferably (but not necessarily) in programming languages such as C and/or hardware description languages such as VHDL.
This opportunity is open to candidates of any nationalities. The selected candidate will receive a FAPESP’s Post-Doctoral fellowship in the amount of R$ 7.174,80 monthly and a research contingency fund, equivalent to 15% of the annual value of the fellowship which should be spent in items directly related to the research activity.
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in Brazil
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science and IT jobs in Brazil
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science jobs in Brazil
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') General Computing jobs in Brazil