Post-doctorate Fellowship in Celular/Molecular Biology
The biology of pediatric tumors is intrinsically associated with dysregulation of signaling pathways that control normal embryonic development. Among these pathways there are the WNT, SHH, Notch and TGF-beta, which also play an important role in carcinogenesis and are involved in tumor chemo-and radio-resistance. The study of these pathways in the context of the biology of pediatric tumors may constitute a new field for the identification of target genes and for understanding of the long-term effects caused by the different treatment modalities of infant tumors. Thus, this project aims to identify co-expression networks associated with the transcriptional modules of the above-mentioned pathways in different pediatric tumors (medulloblastoma, ependymoma and adrenocortical tumor).
The post-doctoral fellow will develop studies with in vitro models of Adrenocortical tumor and to collaborate with the other subprojects related to the Thematic Project, which involves Ependymoma and Medulloblastoma models, in addition to contributing to the coorientation of masters and doctoral students.
This opportunity is open to candidates of any nationalities. The selected candidate will receive a FAPESP's Post-Doctoral fellowship in the amount of R$ 7.174,80 monthly for two years, with the option to extend, and a research contingency fund, equivalent to 15% of the annual value of the fellowship which should be spent in items directly related to the research activity.
Required skills and experience:
Candidates must have completed the PhD degree and must have experience (confirmed by publications) in Cellular/molecular biology of tumors, with emphasis in childhood neoplasms. Previous experience with studies on signaling pathways of cancer is desirable. Applicants must be enthusiastic, proactive and able to develop and perform experiments independently.
The position requires experience in:
- Cell line culture and primary culture of tumors;
- Functional in vitro assays such as treatment with drugs, cellular viability, cellular apoptosis and others;
- Modulation of gene expression by siRNA and lentiviral vectors;
- Gene expression analysis by qPCR;
- Protein expression analysis by western blot and Immunohistochemistry.
Applicants should send until September 16th via e-mail (email@example.com) the following documents to Rosane Queiroz, PhD (Subject: post-doctoral fellowship in molecular biology of pediatric tumors):
1 - Presentation letter summarizing the reason of interest in the scholarship and previous scientific experience in the area related to the Thematic Project;
2 – Short Curricullum Vitae (foreign applicants) or “Currículo Lattes” (Brazilians);
3 - Names and contacts of two references
More information about this fellowship is at fapesp.br/oportunidades/1735
Eligible destination country/ies for fellows:Brazil
Eligibility of fellows: country/ies of residence:All
Eligibility of fellows: nationality/ies:All
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Business and Finance jobs in Brazil
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in Brazil
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science and IT jobs in Brazil
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Life Sciences jobs in Brazil
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Cell and Molecular Biology jobs in Brazil