Post-doctoral fellowship in Endocrine Physiology
Hormonal Regulation of Gene Expression of the Department of Physiology and Biophysics, at the Institute of Biomedical Science, University of São Paulo announces a post-doctoral position with support by FAPESP (18 months) in the area of Endocrine Physiology, focused in the relationships between thyroid dysfunctions and diabetes mellitus. The registration deadline is September 20th, 2017.
The post-doctoral fellowship is linked to the Thematic Project coordinated by professor Maria Tereza Nunes, entitled “Genomic vs Non-Genomic actions of thyroid hormones: changes of paradigms, physiological implications and therapeutic perspectives”. The post-doctoral fellow will perform a project aiming to evalluate the involvement of miRNAs-mediated epigenetic mechanisms on the relations between thyroid hormone and glycemic homeostasis in diabetes mellitus and obesity experimental models. The project will be developed in São Paulo.
The candidate must have expertise in:
- Strategies for production and evaluation of experimental models of diabetes mellitus, obesity and thyroid dysfunctions;
- Methods for gene expression (mRNA, miRNA, proteins) and in silico analysis, miRNA validation, among other data analysis tools.
- PhD degree in Healthy Sciences, with emphasis in diabetes mellitus and/or thyroid dysfunctions
- Applicants must have autonomy, interest and motivation for the development of the project;
- Register of publications in specialized and accredited journals within the project focus
- Full dedication to research.
The selection process will consist of Curriculum Vitae analysis. Applications should be sent to the project coordinator via email (email@example.com) until September 20th, with the following information: a) updated curriculum vitae; B) two reference letters and c) a letter of interest.
This opportunity is open to candidates of any nationalities. The selected candidate will receive a FAPESP’s Post-Doctoral fellowship in the amount of R$ 7.174,80 monthly and a research contingency fund, equivalent to 15% of the annual value of the fellowship which should be spent in items directly related to the research activity.
More information about the fellowship is at fapesp.br/oportunidades/1732
Eligible destination country/ies for fellows:Brazil
Eligibility of fellows: country/ies of residence:All
Eligibility of fellows: nationality/ies:All
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Business and Finance jobs in Brazil
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in Brazil
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science and IT jobs in Brazil
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Life Sciences jobs in Brazil
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Cell and Molecular Biology jobs in Brazil