Director of EPS Foundation Year (Dubai)
Director of EPS Foundation Year
The University of Birmingham will open a campus in Dubai in November 2017, becoming the first global top 100 and Russell Group University to establish a campus in this rapidly developing international education hub. With a strong tradition of teaching excellence The University of Birmingham Dubai will provide opportunities for students to study on a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes to the same recognised high standards as those delivered on the University’s UK campus in Birmingham.
The University of Birmingham, College of Engineering and Physical Sciences, is seeking to appoint a Dubai based Director post.
As Programme Director you will work closely with the Edgbaston Campus, UK, to lead on the development and delivery of undergraduate programmes in Computer Science as well as contribute to the management, leadership and enterprise activities of the school.
- Normally, hold a higher Degree (usually PhD) in a relevant Subject area or a closely related discipline or equivalent qualifications and/or experience.
- Be able to Demonstrated excellence in Learning and Teaching, and Management and administration.
- Have an excellent teaching profile and performance in terms of both impact and quality and be able to demonstrate that it is informed by an appropriate level of scholarship.
- BE able to demonstrated significant achievement in management and administration-related activities, which may include leadership of activities/initiatives.
In return you will receive a competitive package and be a key part of expanding and ambitious University as we develop our international reputation and global footprint.
All posts are based in Dubai. For the first few months of the appointment you will be seconded to the University of Birmingham Edgbaston campus in the UK for induction in preparation for delivering the Birmingham teaching experience in Dubai. Whilst on secondment you will be provided with accommodation and expenses.
The University of Birmingham is an Athena Swan Bronze award holder and committed to providing a supportive work environment for our staff and providing equal opportunities in our recruitment process. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and will take flexible working option into consideration during the process.
Further details relating to this position as well as our developing Dubai Campus can be found by following the 'Apply Online' button below.
The closing date for applications is 3rd October 2017.
For further information please contact Professor Nicola Wilkin, email@example.com or telephone +44 (0)121 414 4661
The University of Birmingham is an equal opportunity employer.
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in United Arab Emirates
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science and IT jobs in United Arab Emirates
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science jobs in United Arab Emirates
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') General Computing jobs in United Arab Emirates
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Physical Sciences and Engineering jobs in United Arab Emirates