Junior Lecturer (25 hours per week)
Faculty Health Sciences Department Nutrition and Dietetics Junior Lecturer (25 hours per week) Job ID: 2050 Duties and responsibilities:
Facilitate teaching and learning of undergraduate students, primarily in therapeutic nutrition and nutrition, but also in community nutrition and quantity nutrition as the need arises.
Supervision and assessment of students in food service management, as well as in community and therapeutic nutrition as the need arises.
Take responsibility for administrative tasks within the Department and School for Allied Health Professions.
Conduct own research and supervise undergraduate research.
B.Sc. in Dietetics.
Registered as Dietician for 2018 onward with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA).
A good academic record.
Valid driver's license.
- Good oral communication and writing skills.
- Good computer skills (MS Office).
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Strong work ethic, emphasising both efficiency and quality of work.
- Show initiative and be able to work independently.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University's richly diverse working environment.
- Three (3) years of work experience in nutrition and dietetics with good references.
- Prior experience in the facilitation of teaching and learning, and/or supervision of dietetic students.
- Ability to teach and train students according to the language policy of the University of the Free State.
- Willingness to enrol for a masters' degree in Dietetics at the first available opportunity, if not yet attained by the time of the appointment.
Closing Date: 18 September 2017.