Senior Support Specialist
6 days left
- Full Time
Information Technology, Eastern Cape Grahamstown
R 388 231 CTC Annually
Senior Support Specialist
Senior Support Specialist in Information and Technology Service
Recognising that diversity is important in achieving excellence, Rhodes University especially encourages South African members of underrepresented designated groups to apply. Spouses and Partners of existing staff members are also encouraged to apply.
Please note that this appointment will be made in line with the requirements of the Employment Equity Act of RSA and the University’s recruitment and selection policies and equity strategies. The initial focus will be on equity candidates.
In terms of Immigration Legislation (Act No. 13 of 2002 & Regulations), international staff members (non-SA citizens) have to comply with the provisions of the Act. This therefore means that the period of employment to non-SA citizens will be guided by the validity period of the work permit. In line with legislation governing employment of foreign nationals, employment contracts will be offered on the basis that a development plan would be implemented for the transfer of skills to a South African resident. The onus is on candidates to ensure that they are in possession of a valid work permit before the commencement of employment at the University, failing which the employment with Rhodes University will be terminated.
A diploma (3 years of study) or equivalent PLUS 6 years relevant experience where such experience includes: -
- A broad knowledge of the IT field.
- A sound knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, 2008, 2012 and Active Directory essential.
- An in depth knowledge of service catalogue related Microsoft Windows Desktop environments,.
- Linux and Apple Mac Operating System knowledge a distinct advantage.
- Previous experience in modifying computer program scripts.
- Previous experience in dealing with software-related issues.
- Network infrastructure and network services.
- Excellent computer skills with experience in troubleshooting, analytical and diagnostic skills in order to problem solve.
For additional information on the requirements, please refer to the Job Profile.
It is essential that prospective candidates read the job profile relating to this post and ensure that all relevant documentation is submitted.
Please apply online by accessing the Rhodes University Website through the apply link below.
Closing Date: 25 September 2017
If you are not contacted within 30 days from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful