Post-doctoral Fellowship in Immunopathology/Toxinology
The post-doctoral fellow will develop tests of functional activities of snake venoms and correlate this data with the proteomic and transcriptomic analyses of the venom glands of these animals. The approaches will include enzymatic and pharmacological assays, choosing the standardization of appropriate tests to evaluate venom functions of different species of snakes, and the use of animal models that resemble natural preys.
Qualifications for position
1) Doctoral degree in area related to the project;
2) Previous experience in biochemical and pharmacological tests, in vitro, in vivo and ex vivo;
3) Ability to standardize pharmacological tests that quantify the neurotoxic action of venoms or disorders caused in hemostasis;
3) Ability to interpret transcriptomic genomic data;
4) Candidates with proven experience in studies of the biological action of components from animal venoms will have prevalence;
5) Desirable fluency in both English and Portuguese.
Candidates should send an e-mail to email@example.com until September 22nd, with the following content:
- CV (Lattes is the preferred form);
- Motivation letter explaining your interest in the position;
- Personal info (name, Institution, phone number and e-mail) from two or three researchers that could give information about the candidate.
The selected candidate will receive a FAPESP’s Post-Doctoral fellowship in the amount of R$ 7.174,80 monthly and a research contingency fund, equivalent to 15% of the annual value of the fellowship which should be spent in items directly related to the research activity.
More information about the fellowship is at fapesp.br/oportunidades/1725