The job is for a State Registered BMS to work in the Clinical Immunology and haemato-oncology service. The laboratory is embedded within the University of Birmingham and so the post holder will also be asked to run samples for clinical trials.
The post holder will work closely with senior BMS/Clinical Scientist and medical staff to ensure the delivery of a quality-driven, efficient and cost effective clinical immunology and haemato-oncology service.
The post holder will rotate through all sections of the department, performing all routine and specialist techniques in accordance with standard operating procedures and in a manner appropriate to their professional experience and the requirements of the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). The post will commence in the cell function and immunophenotyping section of the laboratory (see organisational chart). The laboratory currently uses BD FACSCanto II flow cytometers.
The laboratory participates in a number of national training programmes and would expect the post holder to participate in supporting these training programmes.
Comprehensive practical and theoretical knowledge of medical laboratory science (in particular, immunology and haemato-oncology.
Have a good understanding of the basic principles of immunology and cell immunophenotyping.
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Business and Finance jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science and IT jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Life Sciences jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Cell and Molecular Biology jobs in United Kingdom