The North Carolina Sea Grant and N.C. Water Resources Research Institute
Review of applications will begin Oct. 9 and will continue until filled.
Essential Job Duties
The North Carolina Sea Grant and N.C. Water Resources Research Institute extension director provides vision, leadership, administration, and active development for current and future Sea Grant and WRRI extension programming. The extension program supports both entities’ missions and couples tightly with respective and combined research and outreach components, resulting in clear benefits to communities and ecosystems across North Carolina, the region and nation. The extension director works closely with the executive director, deputy director, communications director and fiscal officer as part of the management team supporting robust and long-term, sustainable programs.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
- Earned doctorate in a field relevant to Sea Grant and/or WRRI mission (e.g. natural or social coastal or marine sciences, water resources, natural resource management, ecology, environmental policy, environmental health) with an academic and applied publication record.
- Substantial knowledge of the NOAA/Sea Grant and USGS/Water Resources Research Act missions.
- Extension program management and integration of research with extension, education and communication activities.
- Significant experience in implementing and managing meaningful public outreach and education programs.
- Extensive experience working in collaboration with industry, national, state, or local government agencies, or conservation organizations.
NC State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V.
For additional information and where to apply, visit: http://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/90287