15x Early Stage Researcher/PhD positions in MSCA European Training Network HYCOAT
HYCOAT introduces an innovative “follow-the-sample” research and training scheme which closely interconnects the disciplines of chemistry, physics, materials science, chemical engineering and materials modelling into one consortium and will provide Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) with fundamental understanding, excellent education and multidisciplinary training in hybrid materials developed by MLD. In “follow-the-sample” training, the ESR will follow the MLD sample and will be involved in each step of the MLD value chain. Training-through-research projects supervised by an international academic-industrial Supervision Committee, augmented by workshops, hands-on sessions, company visits and secondments at the different levels of the value chain, will provide the young scientists with in-depth knowledge and an exceptionally broad set of practical skills. Being exposed to a wide variety of research environments ranging from academic labs over research oriented big companies to SMEs and start-ups, the ESRs will develop the soft skills to work in different environments (flexibility, team-work and communication skills).
More information about the network and the available positions can be found on our website www.hycoat.eu.
Within HYCOAT we seek 15 motivated team-spirited PhD candidates for the following research projects:
- ESR1 - Precursor chemistry for MLD. University of Helsinki, Finland
- ESR2 - Precursor engineering for ALD/MLD process. Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
- ESR3 - Intrinsically porous MLD coatings. KULeuven, Belgium
- ESR4 - Novel plasma based processing strategies for MLD. Ghent University, Belgium
- ESR5 - Multi-scale modelling of MLD mechanism. Tyndall National Institute, Ireland
- ESR6 - Synchrotron based techniques for in situ characterization of MLD processes. Ghent University, Belgium
- ESR7 - Reactor concepts and processes for Spatial MLD. TNO, The Netherlands
- ESR8 - Electronic functionalization of packaging materials. CIC nanoGUNE, Spain
- ESR9 - (Bio)functionalized gas permeation barriers through Vapour Phase Infiltration and Spatial MLD. CIC nanoGUNE, Spain
- ESR10 - Bioactive surfaces for cell growth through MLD. University of Oslo, Norway
- ESR11 - Hybrid coatings for enhancing bone compatibility. University of Oslo, Norway
- ESR12 - Hybrid low-k materials. University of Helsinki, Finland
- ESR13 - Thermoelectric thin film module based on n- and p-type inorganic-organic superlattice components. Aalto University, Finland
- ESR14 - MLD of solid composite electrolyte coatings for high-voltage Li-ion batteries. KULeuven, Belgium
- ESR15 - MLD-based conformal deposition of dual conductor coatings for all-solid state batteries. IMEC, Belgium
Partner organizations: ASM (FI), Oslo University Hospital (NO), Picosun (FI), Europlasma (BE), University of Virginia (USA), CTECHNano (ES), Umicore (BE), University of Hasselt (BE), Meyer Burger (NL), Synchrotron SOLEIL (FR), Sempa Systems (DE), Nordic Institute of Dental Materials (NO), Beneq (FI), Solvay (BE), Toyota Motor Europe (BE), Harvard University (USA)
The successful candidates will receive an attractive salary in accordance with the MSCA regulations for early stage researchers. They are expected to join their host organization before July 1st, 2018.
HYCOAT provides an interdisciplinary and multi-environment (Universities, Research Centers, SMEs & Large industries) training platform through (i) ESR research projects; (ii) courses and workshops, with the emphasis on self-directed, hands-on, collaborative learning and attention for transferable skills; (iii) mobility of researchers, knowledge and materials within a broad network spanning a wide range of expertise.
Degree: Candidates must hold a Master degree or equivalent degree which formally entitles them to embark on a doctorate. They should not already hold a PhD degree.
Career Stage: Early-stage researchers (ESRs) are those who are, at the time of recruitment by the host, in the first four years of full-time equivalent research experience of their research careers. This is measured from the date when they obtained the degree (Master or equivalent) which formally entitles them to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the research training is provided, irrespective of whether or not a doctorate was envisaged.
Mobility Rules: At the time of recruitment by the host organization, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host organization for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment. Short stays, such as holidays, are not taken into account.
English Language: ESRs must demonstrate that their ability to understand and express themselves in both written and spoken English is sufficiently high for them to derive the full benefit from the network training.
Please send the following documents before 08/01/2018 by email to the HYCOAT project coordinator.
- Motivation letter containing research interests, skills, career plans, reasons for applying for this program (1 or 2 pages).
- Full CV including nationality/citizenship info, academic/education history, research experience, experimental skills, list of publications where applicable. Please provide sufficient detail regarding where you have resided and/or engaged in work or study between 01.02.2015 and the date of submission.
- Diploma (copy) of Master degree or equivalent degree which formally entitle to embark on a doctorate, including annexes with marks/classifications. (If pending, a letter from the institution stating when it is expected to be awarded.)
- Two recommendation letters or contact details of two referees, who agreed to provide recommendation letters (if referees prefer to send the letters directly to the HYCOAT consortium, please ask them to e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline).
- For applicants from non-English speaking countries, please attach copies of recent English language certificates where available.
- List of maximum 3 selected PhD topics in order of preference.
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in Belgium
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Physical Sciences and Engineering jobs in Belgium
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Chemical Engineering jobs in Belgium
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Physics jobs in Belgium
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Chemistry jobs in Belgium