HR Services Team Leader
- To manage and support the HR Services team in meeting service level agreements by ensuring customer service focus and delivery of a Transactional HR Support function
- To provide appropriate end to end cost effective HR Transactional solutions meeting short, medium and long term University plans, incorporating direct ownership of work of end to end transactional processes, annual pay, promotion and performance reviews, commentary on HR Business information and wider project support
- Responsibility for operational management of all transactional work and monitoring progress and delivery ensuring consistency and timely business focused resolution
- Support the professional development of Advisers and HR Administrators within HR Service Delivery
- This role operates from within an integrated HR service, supporting colleagues across our community, better to meet the needs of the University.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience Required
- MCIPD and / or significant practical experience in the generalist HR field.
- Demonstrable HR management experience preferably in a busy HR Service Delivery environment or operational service capacity.
- Experience of improvement team performance though monitoring delivery against SLA or operational / process standards
- Strong working knowledge of current employment legislation including clear evidence of practical application
- Experience of working in complex business including collaboration with wider HR and other stakeholder outside of the HR department
- Experience of championing preferred ways of working in-line with business or functional values and behaviours
- Experience of process and service improvement using methodologies such a lean
- Cost conscious and good understanding of budgets and budget management processes
- Ability to challenge embedded ways of working through facilitation and coaching.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills
- Skilled Influencer at all levels
- Analytical and the ability to develop solutions through sound reasoning to whole problems
- Experience of delivering or supporting Projects
- Experience of HR systems and reporting tools
- An ability to work simultaneously and effectively to progress several different tasks.
- The ability to work confidently with senior members of the University and to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.