Field Biologists (Contract)
ERM is hiring experienced Field Biologists (Contract) to conduct biological monitoring for a pipeline construction project located in Virginia, West Virginia, and North Carolina. This role is a temporary, hourly position starting in November 2017 and into 2018, with potential for work extended into 2019. Successful candidates must be flexible and responsive to a challenging and changing work environment where schedules and tasks fluctuate according to the needs of the project.
- Monitoring efforts include avian surveys, aquatic species relocations, snake monitoring, and/or plant relocations.
- Electronic data collection.
- Handheld and sub-meter accurate GPS data collection.
- Daily reporting and survey report compilation.
- Coordinating with construction contractors, project managers, and resource specialists.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- BS degree in a natural science field of study preferred.
- Minimum of two seasons experience with biological field work.
- Working knowledge of and ability to identify species in WV, VA, and NC preferred.
- Prior experience working around construction equipment a plus.
- Ability to work safely outdoors in variable weather conditions and on challenging terrain.
- Must have a strong attentional to detail in documentation of work.
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills.
- Work schedule may include weekends and/or over-time.
- Candidates who can commit to a minimum of three months of work are preferred.
- Desire to work in the field for extended periods of time and maintain a positive attitude.
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed.
- Demonstrated independent and effective problem solving and decision making skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to pass pre-hire background check and drug test.
Please click on the following link: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ERMGINC&cws=1&rid=11269
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a pre-interview OR Video questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 4,500 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.