International Recruitment Assistant (Secondment)
The role of the International Recruitment Assistant is to support the implementation of the College’s international recruitment and marketing strategy. They will deliver certain activities and provide support to the International Strategy Co-ordinator, the Deputy Marketing Manager and other marketing communications functions. They will also be the primary administrative support to the College International Strategy Co-ordinator.
The postholder will work to monitor the effectiveness of the international recruitment activities and support the International Co-ordinator and Deputy Marketing Manager in suggesting improvements and changes.
Developing international marketing and recruitment activity as part of the EPS Marketing and Communications team including:
- Writing copy for international enquirer, applicant and offer holder communications in line with the wider contact strategy. Ensure communications are professionally produced, managed within the CRM system and their effectiveness evaluated for future communications.
- Virtual Applicant Visit Days and Q&As – liaising with academics, sourcing materials, sending out comms, setting up events
- Identifying buddies for international scheme and supporting with comms
- Working with internal teams to deliver social media activity including China specific platforms
- Managing communications and liaising with stakeholders, both internal and external
- Reviewing content and developing international web pages
- Organisation of webinars including liaison with academics/technical set up
- Development of student profiles (including identification of suitable students)
- Conducting competitor analysis and league table data analysis
- Delivering market research activity including setting up focus groups with students
- International calling; sourcing student ambassadors or academics, producing scripts and monitoring effectiveness.
- Production of international brochures/collateral; including writing copy, liaising with our in-house design team and sourcing images while upholding the brand guidelines
Providing event support to the International Strategy Co-ordinator for international recruitment focussed activities including:
- Supporting the promotion, invitation and RSVP procedure for campus based activity (where required)
- Arranging logistics before and on the day of event (including booking onto events, shipping of materials, payment of any fees)
- Working with the Marketing and Communications team on social media and other digital activity
- Arranging for EPS focussed visits to campus from stakeholders (students, parents, agents)
- Liaising with the Student Welfare teams
- Reviewing activities with pre-determined metrics
- Producing reports related to these metrics
- Making suggestions for improvements to activities based on the data
Flexible and responsive administrative support for international recruitment activities including:
- Liaising with the International Recruitment team on travel arrangements for academics
- Travel planning and making booking arrangements (where required, and where this support does not already exist at School or Department level).
- Meeting organisation including agenda writing and minute taking
- Logistical support including couriering documents and marketing materials
- Responding to student enquiries
- Occasional diary management including organising teleconferences
- Degree-level education or equivalent work experience
- Experience of working in a marketing, communications and / or events environment
- Awareness of the challenges related to international student recruitment (or willingness to learn)
- A proven, high standard of written and oral communication and confidence of dealing with projects at all levels
- Proven copywriting, editing and proof-reading ability with a high level of attention to detail
- Well-developed administrative and organisational skills with a proven ability to pay attention to detail.
- Tenacious, with a creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Computer literate, highly confident and competent in the use of database systems and electronic communication.
- Experience of MS Office including Mail-Merge
- Confidence in using social media.
- Highly proactive, creative and able to grasp complex ideas
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Desire and ability to take the initiative
- Ability to prioritise work in a pressured environment.
- Good organisational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to handle basic statistical information.
- A team player but someone who can work independently.
- Prepared to undertake occasional work in the evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of the Chinese student market and fluency in Mandarin would be an advantage but not essential
- Experience of using a CRM would be advantageous, but not essential