Lecturer / Senior Lecturer Systematic Theology
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer
This post relates to the general functioning, management, and administration in the discipline of Systematic Theology in the Faculty of Theology.
- High quality undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and supervision;
- High quality postgraduate supervision, including doctoral students.
- Developing and managing research programmes within the contexts of Systematic Theology;
- Delivering high quality research outputs in the forms of reports, reviews, articles and monographs;
- Participating in, and presenting at, national and international disciplinary conferences and simposia;
- Building and developing national and international research networks and partnerships.
Community Interaction / Social Impact:
- Involvement in the Church in its various expressions;
- Involvement in the community in its various forms;
- Ensuring the practical relevance of modules within Church and society in general.
- A completed doctorate in Systematic Theology (or a related discipline) (Candidates who are about to complete their doctoral degree may be considered at lecturer level.);
- Developing a research record of publication in accredited academic journals on relevant theological themes;
- Knowledge of pertinent discourses that relate to Systematic Theology in the African context;
- Academic literacy and the ability to function in a multilingual environment;¿
- Knowledge and participation in Church life in the African context.
- Experience of teaching at a tertiary education level;
- Experience of postgraduate student supervision;
- An NRF rating;
- Proficiency in English and at least one other South African language;
- Computer literacy, with the ability to use various forms of information technology in teaching and research;
- In good standing with their own Church denomination