Project Researcher - Centre for Child Law
FACULTY OF LAW
CENTRE FOR CHILD LAW
PROJECT RESEARCHER (ONE-YEAR CONTRACT POST)
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 9
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Centre’s Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Project;
- Supporting the Centre’s planning processes;
- Attending and organising workshops;
- Liaising with the children’s rights sector;
- Communicating internally and externally including drafting media releases.
- A Bachelor of Laws Degree (LLB);
- Three years’ experience in the field of Child Law or a closely related field.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Demonstrable research skills;
- Ability to read and understand case law and academic writing;
- Ability to write at different levels for the media, the public, academia, professionals.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- A Master of Laws Degree (LLM).
All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
12 December 2017
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Ms Pontso Phahlane, Tel: (012) 420 4502
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 28 February 2018, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.