Ramsay Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Faculty of Sciences
- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Early-career postdoctoral fellowship opportunity
- A PhD, or equivalent higher degree awarded within the last eight (8) years, or equivalent research experience in the relevant area
- Australian citizenship at the time of application
- An outstanding research track record (see 4. Research Track Record of Ramsay Fellowship Criteria and Application Guidance document below)
- The ability to maintain an active and innovative research program
- The ability to supervise and motivate research students
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Sciences is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. As the first university in Australia to grant degrees in science (1882), science has long been at the cornerstone of the institution and this continues today. As a research and education leader in fields such as agriculture, food & wine, animal & veterinary sciences, biological sciences and physical sciences, the faculty offers an exciting and innovative work environment.
Following a generous donation, the Faculty of Sciences is calling for applications for a Ramsay Fellowship from outstanding early-career researchers. The fellowship is a fixed-term position for a period of four years full-time equivalent and is intended for candidates who have demonstrated significant potential for high-quality research in their early post-doctoral years. Applicants who have had post-doctoral experience in organisations other than the University of Adelaide and are currently working overseas are strongly encouraged to apply.
As further outlined in the Ramsay Fellowships Scheme Criteria & Guidance document (below), a Ramsay Fellowship is to be taken up within one of the four schools in the Faculty of Sciences at The University of Adelaide. The application must be accompanied by a letter of support from the relevant Head of Department and include identification of the senior academic staff member who will act as the direct supervisor and mentor for the applicant.
For further information regarding research within the Schools in the Faculty of Sciences, please visit our website at http://www.sciences.adelaide.edu.au/research/.
(Level A) $83,307 - $89,425 per annum, depending upon qualifications and experience
An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position:
This fixed-term, four year full-time equivalent position is available to commence in 2018 (start date negotiable).
Please carefully review the Ramsay Fellowship Criteria and Application Guidance document in the Position Description portal below to ensure your online application contains the required three parts. If you require further information, please contact the Executive Dean, Faculty of Sciences, telephone: +61 8 8313 5650 or email: email@example.com.
9.00am Monday 5 March 2018 ACDT
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in Australia
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Life Sciences jobs in Australia
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Cell and Molecular Biology jobs in Australia
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Physical Sciences and Engineering jobs in Australia
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Physics jobs in Australia