PhD Studentship: Advanced analytics for supporting targeted marketing activities in the banking sec
Recent developments in technology-related and marketing phenomena in the presence of large datasets call for new approaches of research inquiry. PhD applications are sought in topics that focus on machine learning methods, dynamic programming models and explanatory empiricism involving advanced statistics in order to conduct research in the banking sector with applications related to consumer’s issues. In particular, using transaction/geolocation level and marketing campaign data provided by multiple international banks, the research aims to provide an integrated view on how consumers’ behavioural patterns interact with various marketing activities. The results could be used to support and enhance targeted marketing activities such as consumers’ reward schemes or website advertisement design. It is expected that the research will provide new insights for both practitioners and academic researchers.
Research in this subject area is currently undertaken by members of the Department of Digital and Data-driven Marketing.
Please ensure that in the online application form you enter in the dedicated spaces:
- Research area: “Advanced analytics for supporting targeted marketing activities in the banking sector”
- For funding, that you wish to be considered for the 2018/2019 Faculty PGR Scholarship
- The successful candidate will start on 1 October 2018. The scholarship will offer full tuition fee and maintenance funding for 3 years. The doctoral stipend for 2017/18 is currently £14,000.
- This studentship is only available for full time programmes and is open to applicants from the UK, the EU and overseas.
- As part of the application you will be required to submit a CV, research proposal, degree certificate and transcripts, two academic references and proof of English language proficiency.
- The deadline for applications is 15 February 2018. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed of interview arrangements between February and March 2018.
- The awards will be allocated by end of April, with the outcome being communicated to the candidates in May.
If you wish to discuss any details of the studentship informally, please contact:
For specific research subject enquiries (i.e. research proposal):
- Dr Matti Jaakkola M.J.Jaakkola@soton.ac.uk
- Dr Andrew Farrell A.M.Farrell@soton.ac.uk
- Dr Ioannis Krasonikolakis I.Krasonikolakis@soton.ac.uk
- Dr Cheng-Hao Chen firstname.lastname@example.org
For general programme enquiries:
- Programme Director: Professor Laura Costanzo email@example.com
Please mention reference FBLA-BUS-006 in the scholarship section of your application.